Muskingum County Recycling Center
- DO recycle all empty bottles, cans, paper and cardboard
- DO keep foods and liquids out of recycling
- DO keep plastic bags out of recycling
- DON’T bag your recyclables. Plastic bags and film get tangled in the machinery.
- DON’T include food-soiled items. They can turn an entire load of recycling into trash.
- DON’T add sharp or dangerous materials like needles and electronics. They can cause injury to our workers.
- DON’T toss in “tanglers” like rubber hoses and wires. They can shut down an entire recycling center!
- DON’T include bulky items like propane tanks or construction debris.
We DO NOT recycle the following items:
Egg cartons, juice and frozen food boxes, pizza boxes, plastic trash and grocery bags, tissue, napkins, paper towels, food trays, oil and antifreeze containers, yogurt cups, buckets, window glass, automotive glass, ceramics materials, drinking glasses, cups, mugs, dishware, pots, pans, plates, silverware and other eating utensils, light bulbs, clothing, wood, wooden pallets, toys, pools, pool liners, aerosol cans, steel and plastic drums, Styrofoam or any other plastic than those listed in appropriate recycling, scrap metal, furniture, bedding, carpet, sharps/syringes & other medical waste, food waste, dead animals, yard waste, automotive fluid or other hazardous materials, computers, televisions, computer monitors, computer printers, copiers, scanners, cell phones, telephones, mattresses, electronics, appliances, scrap tires, and construction & demolition waste, paint, gas tanks, air, propane and gas cylinders, fire extinguisher, scrap tire, burn barrels, buckets & pails, vinyl siding
We DO recycle the following items:
CARDBOARD & PAPER PRODUCTS
Corrugated, flattened cardboard & clean pasteboard boxes, food & cereal boxes.
Newspaper including inserts, junk mail, office paper, shredded office paper, computer paper, brown paper bags, phonebooks, catalogs, & magazines.
PLASTIC BOTTLES #1 AND #2 ONLY
Narrow mouth bottles with the mouth smaller than the base, food, & beverage containers with the mouth narrower than the base.
Examples include: milk bottles, soft drink bottles, plastic beer bottles, laundry detergent, fabric softener, soap, shampoo, & coffee containers Please do NOT place any plastic bags in recycling.
ALUMINUM & STEEL FOOD & BEVERAGE CONTAINERS
Any can that is designed for the containment of food & beverages, regardless of size (empty the cans) including pet food cans.
GLASS FOOD & BEVERAGE CONTAINERS
Clear, Green, Blue, and Brown food & beverage containers;
This includes beer and wine bottles, soft drink bottles, glass food bottles & jars, baby food, & canning (Mason™) jars
Information - Links & Downloads
- Recycling Trailer Locations
- Forms & Downloads
|These locations are available seven days/week, 24/7, unless otherwise noted:|
|Muskingum County EMA/Recycling Facility — 2215 Adamsville Road|
|Muskingum County Lot — 1500 Newark Road (behind Zane State STEM building)|
|South Zanesville — Maysville Avenue, across from Gabe's Car Wash on Van Sant Street|
|Zanesville City — SR 666 & Riverside Park (Monday-Friday Morning)|
|Zanesville City — 4th Street & Elberon Avenue (When Available : Monday-Friday Mornings)|
|Falls Township — Moose Lodge Lot, 3500 West Pike (SR 40 West)|
|Licking Township Garage — 7675 Black Run Rd (SR 586)|
|Perry Township Volunteer Fire Dept — 4625 Boggs Road (Available Friday-Monday Morning)|
|Wayne Township Garage — Mill St, Duncan Falls|
|Union Township Garage — 583 Maple Brook Rd, New Concord|
Recycling Tips — PLEASE...
- Breakdown all cardboard boxes.
- Place recyclables in the trailer compartments. If a bin is full, place items in another bin. Do not place materials on the ground outside the container.
- Recycle the right way at our locations. We are not a trash service. For the Trailer Schedule, call 740-732-5493 or Visit our calendar at wasteabate.org for a list of recycling events in your area.
- Residents can use any site in the district regardless of which county, township, city or village they reside in.