Commissioners sessions are Monday and Thursday from 10:00am to 12:00pm.
Lunch is 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Session resumes at 1:30pm
- Meeting Minutes
- Cindy Cameron
- Mollie Crooks
- Jim Porter
Commissioner's Meeting Minutes
Cindy Cameron was appointed as Commissioner on December 11th 2015, and then Elected as Commissioner on November 8th 2016. Cindy previously was a legal assistant at Kincaid, Taylor and Geyer for 26 years and also was a clerk at Juvenile Court. Elected to the Tri Valley Board of Education in five consecutive elections, she also served on the Mid East Board of Education. As a board member, Cindy participated in two major construction projects and served on the Finance and Facilities Committee.
Cindy is married to Clint Cameron and has 2 sons, Curt and Clay. Cindy was born and raised in Hopewell Township, Muskingum County, where she attended Gratiot United Methodist Church and was a member of the Equestrians 4-H Club. She is a graduate of West Muskingum High School and Muskingum Area Technical College, nka Zane State College.
In addition to being a member of the Farm Bureau and Buckeye Sheriffs Association, Cindy has volunteered to Transitions. Cindy, excited about her new position, looks forward to serving Muskingum County.
Mollie S. Crooks was elected by the voters of Muskingum County to serve as Commissioner in 2016. She began her public service with Vision, Passion & Leadership on January 3, 2017.
A Message From Mollie
I have devoted my life to living, working, and serving Muskingum County! I bring energy, enthusiasm and excellence to each project, organization, club, event (and even a Holiday Parade) that I undertake…..with the sincere desire that my efforts will positively impact our children, families, and citizens.
I have a passion to serve…to lead…to make a difference…to do what others say can’t be done. I was raised in a blue-collar family where honesty, integrity, and hard work were inherent expectations. I was the first in my extended family to graduate college. I worked for organizations and managers who mentored and encouraged me to grow personally and professionally. I received many blessings from this community and dedicated my life to serving and championing the benefits of Muskingum County.
It is time for me to “pay it forward”. As your County Commissioner, I will mobilize people to make CHANGE happen…with Vision, Passion, and Leadership!
Non-Profit Business Leader
Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters from 2000-2016
- Expanded service area to four Counties (Muskingum, Guernsey, Morgan & Noble Counties)
- Increased number of children served by 650%
- Raised $1.9 million through fundraising special events
- Secured $1.45 million in local, state and federal grants
- Connected with local and state leaders and elected officials to secure mentoring grants/dollars for Muskingum County
Small Business Entrepreneur since 2008
Co-own and operate Trikes by Rodney, LLC
Healthcare Marketing and Communications
20 Years Experience with Genesis Hospice, Bethesda Hospital/Genesis Healthcare System, and Pediatric Associates of Zanesville
Community and Professional Involvement
- Facilitator, District Visioning Team, Rotary District 6690
- Past District Membership Chair, Rotary District 6690
- Past President, Noon Rotary Club of Zanesville
- First Female Sergeant-At-Arms, Noon Rotary Club of Zanesville
- President, Muskingum County Women’s Republican Club
- Member, Muskingum County Farm Bureau
- Member, Muskingum County Township Association
- AOP-20 Network of Champions
- Member, Restored Citizens Network
- Past Member, Genesis Spirit of Women Advisory Council
- Past President, Zanesville South Business Association
- Past Chair, Zanesville South Christmas Parade
- Past President, Big Brothers Big Sisters State Association
- Past President, OSU Extension Advisory Council
- Past Co-Chair, Mid-East CTC Levy Campaign
Muskingum County Commissioner-related involvement:
- Member, County Commissioners Association of Ohio
- Board Member, Zanesville-Muskingum County Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Committee and Board Member, Ohio Mid-Eastern Governments Association (OMEGA)
- Member, Board of Revision
- Member, Muskingum County Planning Commission
- Member, Zanesville Muskingum County Port Authority
- Member, SouthEastern Ohio Joint Solid Waste Management District
Awards and Recognition:
- Maysville High School
Alumni Hall of Fame 2017
- Muskingum Family Y’s Women of Achievement
Aldine Roach Flegal Special Recognition Award 2008
- Noon Rotary Club of Zanesville
Young Rotarian of the Year 2006
Rotarian of the Year 2008
- Ohio Chapter of National School Public Relations Assn
Friend of Education Award 2007
- Mid-East Career and Technology Center
Alumni Hall of Fame 2003
- Muskingum County Community Foundation
Ray Thomas Community Service Award 1998
- United Way
Arline and Clay Littick Volunteer Service Award 1992
Commissioner Mollie S. Crooks is born, raised, educated, and mentored in Muskingum County. Mollie graduated from Maysville High School & Muskingum Area Joint Vocational School (currently Mid-East Career & Technology Center). She has an Associate Degree in Accounting from Muskingum Area Technical College (Zane State) and a Bachelor’s in Business Administration from Ohio University-Zanesville.
Mollie and Rodney Crooks married in 1992 and their blended family consists of two children and seven grandchildren. Daughter, Lacey Higgins (Andrew) Geyer, is the third generation owner of Higgins Lumber Company in Roseville and son, Jed (Beth Irvin) Crooks, is employed by Spectrum/Time Warner Cable.
In support of her husband’s dream to own his own business, Mollie and Rodney began Trikes by Rodney, LLC, in 2008. The business converts 2-wheeled motorcycles to 3-wheeled trikes.
Jim was elected in November, 2010 as County Commissioner. He previously served as a Perry Township Trustee for 19 years.
He and his wife Darlene have a son, Josh, and wife Jaclyn, and a daughter, Sarah. Jim and his family own and operate an 800 acre grain and cattle farm.
Jim remains very active in our community. For over 25 years he has volunteered with the Perry Township Fire Department, and has served as Captain. He has been a 4-H Advisor for more than fifteen years, and is a recipient of the State of Ohio Friend of Extension Award and the John and Dorothy Montgomery 4-H Leadership Award. Also, he serves on the Junior Fair Livestock Committee (Chairman) and with the Muskingum County Cattlemen’s Association. Jim was inducted into the East Muskingum Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame. As a life long member of Trinity Lutheran Church, he has served on many Councils in various positions, including President of Congregation.
Jim considers it an honor and privilege to serve as Muskingum County Commissioner and takes pride in being part of making Muskingum County a great place to live, work, and raise a family.